Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Note from the Crate of Napoleon

Hello. My name is Napoleon and I'm Frances' new puppy. I just thought I'd give you a look at what me and my human have been up to lately.

I've been living with Frances and her mom for almost 4 weeks now. I really like it so far. Except when Frances shakes the empty paper towel roll at me, but I'm usually in trouble when that happens.

This week, I trained the humans to take me outside when I got to the door. They seem to really enjoy when I do this as it always yields the results I expect (going outside to relieve myself and sometimes to chase bugs).

Every morning, Frances and I wake up around 7:30 am and go outside. Yesterday we saw an older couple walking their dog, Starr. She's a mini Australian Shepherd and seemed really nice but the stupid leash wouldn't let me get a good sniff.

When I got here I really hated my leash, and sometimes I still do, but it's not too bad now. The humans have given me some freedom with it. They used to put it on me before we went outside. But now that I'm growing up, they let me jump off the porch step and then put it on me when I get to the grass. I'm a good little jumper, Frances says.

My favorite toy is a squeaky hippo. I can't squeak it, but I love when Frances squeaks it for me when we play. Sometimes I forgo the hippo for my Kong frog. He has two knotted ropes in him and a squeaker. Hippo and Frog are my favorite toys, definitely.

A couple of times, Frances has taken me over to her dad's house to visit him, her step-mom, and step-sisters. They're all really nice and pay me a lot of attention. There's also three cats over there and another dog. One cat doesn't pay any attention to me. One of the cats tries to but then goes away. I think my hyper-ness might scare him, but it's been a few weeks since I was around cats a lot. The third cat tried to get close and then fuzzes up like she wants to start something with me. Whatever, chick, you did it to yourself.

The dog over there is a lot bigger than me. Frances says she's blind so she just sniffs me a lot. She seems nice, but we haven't gotten a chance to play much yet.

That's all I really have to say about life here so far. It's been a fun 4 weeks (except last week when I got a shot. I didn't feel too good the next day).

This is me on the kitchen floor. The tile feels good on my belly after going outside. It's hot outside, if you haven't noticed.

No comments: