Thursday, May 2, 2013

Everyday in May: Day 2



Today's prompt is telling everyone about something you're good at.

Seeing as it's now late (again) and I had all afternoon to actually write this post and I didn't, I'm going to tell you how amazing I am at procrastinating.


I put the PRO in procrastinate. For reals. I'm going to share a list of things to do so you can become a pro like me.

1. Facebook. Get on a friend's page. Look at their pictures. Pick a random person in one of their pictures. Stalk that person. You know you've done this at least once in your lifetime. Unless you don't and never have had Facebook. In college Facebook has bumper stickers you could send your friends. I remember one Friday afternoon my friends and I spent no less than 2 hours sending bumper stickers to each other and laughing hysterically. No Facebook has stupid games, but that's something else to do entirely.

2. Pinterest. Pinterest is a BLACK effing HOLE of procrastinating. I'm SO glad it wasn't around while I was in undergrad because I would have flunked out. I'm not even kidding. I've become a lot more lax on how much time I spend on it, but I still spend a good chunk of time pinning crap I'll probably never use.

3. Games. Thanks to the iPhone I think we all have our little games we love to check in on. Words with Friends, Matching with Friends (my personal favorite at the moment), Draw Something, Flood It, Snake, whatever, there's WAY too many of them and all of us have at least one we're addicted to in some capacity.

4. Apps. Thanks to smartphones, we love apps. Love love LOVE. We can't get enough. I check Instagram all the time because I love looking at other people's pictures. I've always loved pictures of all kinds, but Instagram just fuels the fire. I'm recently hooked on Vine as well... Also, I have a Tamagotchi and it's FANTASTIC. Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. in the iTunes App store. It's free. You 90's kids need to get in on this right now. My current one has been alive for almost 10 days which is a record going back to the original little egg key chain...
Tamagotchi 2.0 died while I was at dance last week...

5. Online Shopping. Do I really need to explain this one? We're all addicted. Just use it to procrastinate and ignore whatever responsibility you may have (unless it's another human being or your pet - take care of those).

6. Read. I got a Kindle for Christmas 2011. I've read WAY more than ever thanks to it. I read almost every night before I go to bed - yes, I procrastinate sleeping, even when I'm exhausted.

7. Nap/Sleep. This was my procrastination activity of choice back in the day. Got a big paper? Take a nap. You'll definitely start on it after you've slept for 3 and a half hours... Maybe.

8. Annoy your roommates. They most likely want to procrastinate as well.

I know this was kind of stupid, but it's all I could come up with because I'm dedicated to at least making it halfway through this challenge - I wasn't going to miss Day 2.



No comments: