Monday, December 26, 2011

Music Monday: Nostalgia Edition

As a few of you may know, I was on drill team my senior year of high school. It was a blast and I loved the friends I made through it. Tonight the senior southern belles of 2006 are getting together for a little mini reunion. I think only about half of us are expected to show up, but I'm pretty excited. I think it's the first time we've done this in about 4 years. I thought I'd throw back to my senior year and give you a taste of what we listened to a lot.


Our jazz music for competition season. It was such a high energy, fun dance. I really loved performing it, but learning it was really difficult.


Probably the most gorgeous dance I've ever been in. After losing both of my grandmothers in an 8 month time span this dance made me feel like they were with me while I performed.


Have you ever seen a hip hop done in ball room heels? Neither had I until I was in one. So mcuh fun though!


Two of the senior girls danced a "duet" at one of our last practices before a competition as a joke to this. Made us all laugh and lightened the mood.


One of my favorite songs of high school was used for a dance at drill team camp. Love this song. It's amazing.

What songs bring back good memories of your senior year?

No comments: