Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Survey

Can you believe it's Christmas Eve Eve?! Where did December (and 2011) go?! Anyway, I've seen this survey on a few blogs and thought I'd partake in the festivities!

1. egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, please.
2. does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps all his presents now, but once upon a time he left a few unwrapped.
3. multi-colored or white lights on tree/house?
White on the tree. Multi-colored or white on the house. Unless it's icicle lights, then those are always white.
4. do you hang mistletoe?
I think my dad and step-mom do.
5. when do you put up decorations?
My mom usually does it the weekend after Thanksgiving but this year we waited a bit since we were unsure of Nappy's reaction. (He's done very well, if you're dying to know.)
6. what is your favorite holiday dish?
I love all the cookies and sweets! I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth of anyone I know.
7. favorite holiday memory as a child.
My grandmother used to have this old stuffed Snoopy that she'd dress up for Christmas and Easter. I loved walking into her house Christmas Eve to see him in his Santa suit on the piano. I love Snoopy in general.
8. when did you learn the truth about Santa?
What do you mean? ;)
9. do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
Most years I open presents at my dad's on Christmas Eve. When I was younger we always went to the aforementioned grandmother's house for presents.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My mom's tree is all Santa ornaments. My dad and step-mom usually have two trees, one with angels and the other is ornaments my step-sisters and I made and random cutesy stuff.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Never comes on Christmas in East Texas (except two years ago I think it was, we had flurries on Christmas Eve - it was crazy). But I love it! I'm dying for it to snow so Nappy can frap through it!
12. Can you ice skate?
Not. At. All.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Excellent question. I honestly don't know.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Having time to spend with family and friends.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I'm good with a simple sugar cookie haha
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition?
24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS Christmas Eve and Day.
17. what tops your tree?
I don't think any of my family's trees have anything on top... I told my mom I'm going to get her a Santa hat for her topper next year.
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving - especially if I know what i'm giving is what the person wants! But I love getting gifts, too - I won't lie.
19. candy canes. yucky or yummy?
I'm just not a huge peppermint person and candy canes are just fancy peppermints.
20. favorite Christmas show?
A Christmas Story and Elf are my top two favorite Christmas movies, for sure.
21. saddest Christmas song?
Are there sad ones?
22. favorite Christmas song?
Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside, and All I want for Christmas is You.

Now it's your turn!

No comments: