Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Disney... IN 3D



I don't know if you're like me and went to see Lion King in 3D, but it was friggin' EPIC. 3D was pretty much the only way to make this opening scene more so - and I saw it twice. Lion King is one of my first movie memories at the theater - I remember seeing it with my mom and grandmother and watching my mom cry at the end when the circle of life was complete. Don't look at me like I'm heartless, I was all of 6 years old. But I don't really cry at movies anyway.

But seriously, Disney has started something and they have to continue until all of my childhood classics are covered. This certainly is a start that I'm excited THRILLED about. I got the chance to see Beauty and the Beast in IMAX about 10 years ago which just solidified it as my favorite (Disney) animated movie. And now it's coming out in 3D in January. I'm THRILLED as stated above. Just imagine "Be Our Guest" in 3D. LEGIT. EPIC. What other words can describe it?


And Little Mermaid in September 2013? It came out in 1989, when I was only 1, so I didn't see it in theaters, but my parents ever so graciously bought the VHS for me and legend has it I made my poor dad watch it with me EVERY DAY for an entire summer. I won't drag him to see it with me, but I will be singing along with that as I did with Lion King (and will be with Beauty and the Beast). "Under the Sea" will also be pretty legit in 3D.

Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite Pixar movies (ok, let's be real, Pixar movies are just awesome), and I'm sure it will be great in 3D, but I think Finding Nemo will probably be the best of these four in 3D.

Will anyone be joining me? I'm already putting these in my non-existant planner. Maybe I'll get a planner just to put these in?

No comments: