Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Confession: Guilty Pleasure

We all have them, those things we love that we shouldn't necessarily love so much. But we do and those, my friends, are guilty pleasures.

This summer, I discovered a terribly wonderful show called Dance Moms. It follows a dance studio owner and what I'm assuming is her junior competition company as the girls are all about 6-13 years old. And of course, the moms of these little dancers.

Dance Mom Christi helps daughter Chloe stretch
from the Dance Moms Facebook page

It's fantastic. These girls are all phenomenal dancers already, so while the teacher (and her choreographers) are doing something right, teacher doesn't always know best. But neither do the moms, really. I flip flop over who's right on every episode. When you throw so many females in one small space (like a dance studio), drama will always follow.

Anyway, it was announced last week (via on of my favorite dance moms' twitters) that Dance Moms has been picked up for a second season - and everyone, including crazy Cathy and her daughter Vivi, is returning! But first up, the finale is tonight on Lifetime (I know, I know, but this is literally the only time I'll every watch Lifetime) at 9 pm. I think I read they'll be showing the other episodes starting at 3 (I'm assuming Easter, so 2 Central) in a little marathon so you can catch up.



It's a little ridiculous, but that's why it's a guilty pleasure. What are your guilty pleasures? Will you be catching the finale of Dance Moms tonight?

No comments: