Thursday, August 8, 2013

Take Me Back

I wrote this post before I realized I'd be posting it on Thursday, so now I'm pretty pumped because I can theme this whole post "Throwback Thursday"! It's the little things, y'all.

There are so so SO many times I think, "TAKE ME BACK!" And as my campers (of three times) start to head off to their freshman year of college, I'm thinking about how I left for college 7 years ago. I'd love to rewind and go back (wouldn't we all). I guess I can always relive it on Facebook like I just did, hahaha.

There were glow-in-the-dark stars on my dorm room ceiling when I got there and the C was backwards... Sadly, my freshman dorm has been redone so I can't go check-in on these beautiful stars and boys live in my room now. Ew. Once Upon a Time, TCU made freshman boys and girls live in separate dorms... Now, notsomuch.

Homecoming freshman year with Brigitte and Maggie. I met some of my best friends (and all future roommates pretty much) my freshman year of college.

TCU lets their students go to any sports' home games for free (with the tuition those kids' parents pay they deserve it). My advice to all incoming freshmen: GO TO THE GAMES. You'll have a blast and you can walk with your friends. You have no excuse not to go (unless it's a Thursday night game and you have a douchebag professor giving you a test the next day... then I suggest you study and then maybe still go to the game).

I'm so lucky to be going back for grad school. I know it will be completely different (harder and not to mention Fort Worth has changed A LOT in the last 7 years), but I know that grad school will be it's own awesome and fun chapter. And yes, I'll be going to any and all home games that I can - GO FROGS.

My advice to you incoming freshmen, TCU or any other school: LIVE IT UP. Your freshman year will be over before you know it. Your sophomore year is totally different and you'll miss freshman year. Not to say that each year isn't fun, but there's a certain carelessness that freshman have that other classes don't have.

Do you ever wish you could relive your freshman year?


No comments: