Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Late Easter = Hard Lent

Ok, I honestly don't remember Easter EVER being this late. We've got 19 more days to go, for those of you who have given up something essential to your daily lives. And because Lent started so late/Easter is so late this year, I cannot remember when Lent started. I'm guessing we're about to head into week 4? I feel like I've given up Coke since January 1st and not the middle of March.

Today I broke. Totally on accident, but I feel AWFUL! There's a pizza place in town that my mom and I love to go to for lunch. We hadn't been there in a while, so today we decided to meet there on her lunch break. This place is one of the few places in Tyler that has Cherry Coke in their fountain. And is it delish. I LOVE Cherry Coke from a fountain, I don't know if I've ever told y'all that, but I'm almost obsessed. Yes, Sonic and Dairy Queen can add cherry flavor to their cokes, but there's nothing like a perfectly carbonated and mixed Cherry Coke from a fountain.


Anyway, I was SO on autopilot when I got to lunch that I didn't realize (until 30 minutes ago) I went over and completely ignored the Sprite and went for the Cherry Coke. I've been SO good, too! I don't remember Lent being this hard ever (except that one time freshman year at TCU I gave up being nosey, which is REALLY hard to do).

Is anyone else having as hard a time as I am with Lent this year?

No comments: