Sunday, April 24, 2011

1 Year Blogiversary and Easter!

Yesterday was my 1 year blogiversary! I can't believe I've kept this thing up for an entire year! I must say I'm very proud of myself.

Now on to Easter. For as long as my dad and step-mom have been married (and a little before that), we have been dying Easter Eggs. In the past few years, we've started to make egg people. Yes, we dye the eggs and then draw on them to make them like people we know... or this year we may or may not have done (read: definitely made) Harry Potter eggs. The past few years Paas has slacked off though and stopped putting crayons in their dye kits so this has forced us into being creative (by making the egg people) or kind of burning us out (like this year, not the most fun year for dying eggs). Next year a kit will not be bought without the crayon. It adds a level of creativity if you ask me.

Dying eggs with Courtney in 2009

2010's Glittery eggs

Easter Egg Dying 2011

Note to self: Next year's dye kit MUST have a crayon to make fancy designs!

Any readers have traditions like my family does? I'd love to hear them!

No comments: