Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Complaining. For 40 Days.

It's that time of year when people start scrambling to figure out what to give up for Lent. Yesterday I asked on twitter what to give up, and my friend Clayton suggested unemployment. While that is an awesome suggestion (and I really hope it comes true, haha), it's not something I have total control over.

I thought about giving up cussing, because I've noticed myself cussing more and more lately, but even more for me isn't a ton for other people (not that that isn't an excuse). Plus I've already cussed in a text message this morning while talking about what I read in Storm of Swords (the third book in the Game of Thrones series) last night. It was intense, let me tell you. What I read, not what I said.


ANYWAY, I've decided to give up complaining. Last week I was suffering from SAD (seasonal affective disorder as diagnosed by myself) because the sun came out for about 10 minutes for 5 days straight. Then Friday morning the sun came out and stayed out and I was in a really good mood. But the 5 days before were not good. Part of it was what was happening around me (not just the weather), but a lot of it was my mood/reactions to those things. I think I complained a lot.

I have a ton to be grateful for. I want to be more positive. So for the next 40 days, I'm giving up complaining. It's going to be hard. Especially if I get turned down for any jobs I'm applying for. But giving up anything is hard.

Call me out if you see/hear any complaining from me. Blog friends and IRL friends. Call. Me. Out. One complaint. Do it.

What are you giving up for Lent?

No comments: