Friday, July 8, 2011

You Know What's Annoying?

Excuse me while I go on a rant.

You know what's annoying? When you try to talk to a friend and they ignore you time and time again. This has been going on with several people for a while, but some of these people weren't super good friends, so I just kind of let them fall by the wayside (if they're not going to make the effort to engage in conversation with me why should I continuously make the effort?). And yea, that's sad and annoying, but it's even more annoying and frustrating the closer the friend you consider them. Sure, we're in different cities - that makes it hard - but life isn't about convenience. When has life EVER been about convenience? Not since... Oh right, ever.

It makes me sad when I haven't even HEARD from people I considered to be really close, even best, friends since BEFORE Christmas. It'd have been nice if they'd at least send a facebook message update on their life, but that clearly didn't happen.

I feel it necessary to mention this is not about a single person. It's about several people in my life. I'm really frustrated with it and I wish I knew what to do. I try to talk to people I thought were my close friends. I tell them what's going on in my life and then ask them about theirs. And no response.

I've let go before, it just sucks that it's happening with people closer than the people I've already let go. And I feel like my friend circle outside of Tyler is dwindling.

Anybody have any advice on how to solve this problem? I don't want to slowly cut off all my friends...

No comments: