Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tradition Takes a Holiday

Christmas lights are one of my FAVORITE things about the holiday season. When they're put to music, it's even better. Two of my best friends, Kendall, Katie, and I will spend hours looking at Christmas lights on any random night of the season. Literally. Katie and I have started "the Tacky and the Tasteful," we like Christmas lights that much. There is one specific house in one of the nicer neighborhoods here in Tyler that puts lights ALL over their house and yard. It's amazing.

Charlie Brown 2009 from Ken Good on Vimeo.



This would have been their SIXTH year, however Christmas at the Goods is taking a holiday and I'm upset. Slightly depressed, even. Not only because they are not doing it, but because of their reason. The Goods' 5-year-old daughter has been moved to Children's Hospital in Dallas for a bone marrow transplant. Seriously upsetting to hear that such a cute little girl and her family are dealing with this, especially during the holidays. I wish them a merry Christmas and hope that sweet Laurel gets better.

No comments: