Monday, November 29, 2010

To Do's...

So, over the past few weeks, I see things and get excited about things and I'm like, "Oh, I should do that!" but then I forget. So, maybe if I blog about a few to do's, I'll be more motivated to them.

My goal to read the first half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows before seeing the movie didn't work out so well, but I'm still pushing forward and reading it and it's fabulous. There's a lot left, but I'm hoping to finish by this weekend (I'm a slow reader).

I also want to read the Dawn Treader before the next Narnia movie comes out (Dec. 10). The movie looks fantastic. Last Christmas break I read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian and they are so good! CS Lewis has a way of painting pictures that is truly admirable.

A girl I went to school with for forever, Caroline, does a cute thing on her blog called Three Things Thursday. I love reading it every Thursday and want to do something similar so I blog at least once a week. Maybe something on a Tuesday? I think Tuesdays are always my off-days in this limbo between graduation and employment (which may be on the horizon but I don't want to jinx it by talking too soon). I always wake up moodier than usual and Glee seems to be the only upside, which I forget about until about 5 every week. Any ideas out there readers?

This is definitely not as important by any means, but I need ideas nonetheless. Ever since I was about 5 or 6, my mom has decorated her Christmas tree in 98% Santa ornaments. Since this is (hopefully) my last Christmas at home, I've started wondering what my future Christmas tree's/trees' theme(s) should be. I recently bought a really cute TCU ornament from a vendor at Mistletoe and Magic, the Tyler Junior League's Holiday Market. In addition, my grandmother gave me a cute star shaped Santa several years ago, so I wonder if I should do all stars.
TCU Star Cloissonne Ornament by Kitty Keller Designs
Definitely not as pressing a matter, but it is something to ponder, right?

Much more pressing than all of the above: I need to save my money! It's the holiday season which means shopping for presents for my family and friends. Holiday season also means college football bowl season and TCU looks to be going to the Rose Bowl. My mom and I have pretty much decided we're going and making this our 2011 vacation since I probably won't have vacation time yet next summer. As one of my first acts of grown-up-ness, I'll be paying part of my way to Pasadena. Basically, what this boils down to is that I need to learn to be more frugal with even more expenses soon to be coming my way if this employment opportunity works out (and I really hope it does).

Oh and Fort Worth: where the East end and the West begins, or the opposite for TCU as it jumps the MWC ship and joins the Big East.

No comments: