Sunday, November 28, 2010

Football Rants and Raves

I won't rant too long. In fact, I'll keep it short and sweet.

I hate the BCS. It is the most flawed part of college athletics. And since they support the BCS, I hate ESPN. The analysts they hire are soooo wrong it's ridiculous. This evening, several analysts declared that despite TCU going undefeated for the second season in a row and being ranked third in all of the polls, if Oregon or Auburn were to lose next weekend, TCU would not deserve a chance at the national championship game.

I'm sorry, what? Unless there is some seriously strange season where every team in the FBS loses at least one game, the national championship should be between two unbeaten teams.



With that said, I'll move on to TCU's football future. This weekend experienced a turn of events: Boise State lost to Nevada. According the the "experts," Boise's win of Nevada would have put them at number 3 in the polls, over TCU. But Nevada pulled through for TCU. With this event, TCU is almost certain to venture to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (as predicted by USAToday in the pre-season).

The more I think about it, the more I'm willing to drain my bank account and risk my personal space (to go through security) and watch my frogs at their bowl game (which if Oregon or Auburn loses cold be the national title, unless the ESPN "experts" get their way).

Ok, so not so short, but I can't be alone.

No comments: