Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bromances

So, I started rewatching the SNL that Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake hosted (because, let's be real, JT really did co-host with Jimmy) and it got me thinking about bromances. They're a pretty great phenomenon and I love watching them. I thought it would make a great blog topic: Our Favorite Bromances!

One of the first bromances I remember observing is Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz on SNL in the early to mid-2000s. They were in almost every skit together and their sole purpose was to make the other one laugh. And they also joined up with Tracy Morgan and Chris Kattan to bring us "I Wish It Was Christmas Today," so obviously we're glad this bromance existed.

Now to more contemporary bromances. Starting with the greatest: Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake.




If you don't love the Barry Gibb Talk Show skits, I'm not sure we can be friends. It is the epitome of JT and Jimmy's bromance. Any time one of them hosts, the other shows up for this skit and random others. They're hilarious together. This might be my favorite bromance of all time. Find one that's half as funny as this.

Josh Elliott and Sam Champion from Good Morning America. Unfortunately, we no longer get to watch this bromance every morning before work and school because Sam left for the Weather Channel, but this bromance should be studied in the history of bromances. These two are clearly besties. I truly miss watching this bromance. They're hilarious together. No gifs, unfortunately, but I found this video of Josh crying on Sam's last day at GMA.



And then there's Jonah and Channing. You can't honestly tell me that after watching 21 Jump Street that these two aren't bromatically involved. You can tell that as soon as these two met they were best friends. They're too funny together.

So funny. I can't wait until 22 Jump Street comes out!


What is your favorite bromantic pairing?

No comments: