Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Finally Cold!

I've been ready for it to be cold for a few weeks. It would get a little chilly for a day or two, but then it'd be back up near 80* for two weeks. Texas weather, what can I say?

Anyway, I found the cutest coat (in black) in the Victoria's Secret catalogue about a month and a half ago and I've been beyond ready to show it off and now I can!

My doctor has also been wanting me to eat oatmeal because I have border-line high cholesterol and oatmeal is obviously a cold weather food. So, I found some at Target a few weeks ago, Quaker Oats brown sugar and maple flavor. Sounds wonderful. I made it this morning because It was 36* when I woke up. I measure out my milk, read the heating instructions, stirred it all up. The flavor was great. The temperature was perfect. The texture... Ew. Y'all. How do you eat oatmeal? That was no bueno. I tried so hard to like it. I took several big bites. I couldn't do it. The texture was chunky and yucky. So, readers, if you like or even love oatmeal, please let me know what I'm missing! I really want to like it, but that texture was... ehhhhhh.

OH! And yesterday, I took Nappy to get his picture made with Santa! I'm officially one of those dog moms that does silly things with her dog. Nappy was SO good, too! Except for this mean Beagle right by the door when we walked in. S/he growled at Nappy and snarled and was just mean. All Napster wanted was to meet Santa and make some friends. I'll share his picture as soon as I get it! It's way cute.

Hope you're all staying warm!

2 comments:

Helene said...

oatmeal is the BEST!!! and p.s. I do really odd things with my dog too! haha

TheTinyHeart said...

Haha I want to do the same thing with my dogs! Napoleon is adorable and I can't wait to see the photo! I'm a new follower :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Earrings Giveaway!