Monday, May 2, 2011

May Movies

Last year I did a big long post about all of the summer movies I was looking forward to. I decided this summer to do each month's movies, especially because there are quite a few in May.

May 6:
Something Borrowed - I just finished reading the Darcy and Rachel series(all of two books) by Emily Giffin last week and I'm obsessed. Rachel in the beginning of SoBo is me. I swear. We are one in the same. It's scary. So from the preview (below) I've noticed one major change but I'm glad because it allowed more of John Krasinski, which is never a bad thing.


Thor - I'll admit, I was not excited for this at all. However, the moment I saw my girl crush, Natalie Portman, was in it, I was a little intrigued. The more I see previews for this movie, the more pumped I get for it. Not to mention the Thor dude is like Brad Pitt... on steroids.

May 13:
Bridesmaids - This movie looks like the female version of The Hangover, let's be real. With SNL favorites like Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig, you can't go wrong. Add in the hilarious Melissa McCarthy (Gilmore girls, Mike&Molly) this has to be golden. Not to mention I'll be a bridesmaid in September and I'm dying to go see this with the other bridesmaid and our bride - sure way to bond the six of us a few months before the bachelorette and actual wedding.


May 20:
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Anyone who is remotely close to me knows that I. Love. Pirates of the Caribbean. This movie was a definite yes on my list of summer movies the moment I found out that May 20 was the release date. I don't expect it to be anywhere near the caliber of the first 3, but I do think it will be entertaining nonetheless as Jack and Barbossa will team up to fight Blackbeard. I mean, really, I dare you not to laugh at Jack in this trailer. I'm also pumped for Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz to be working together again because their chemistry was great in Blow.


May 26:
The Hangover, Pt 2 - "Hold on, gay boys!" I don't think I know a single person that didn't love the first movie. If I do, I'm probably not very good friends with them because they probably don't have any sort of sense of humor. While this movie probably won't be quite as funny, I still can't help but laugh at the trailers for this one. It looks like essentially the same movie just in Bangkok, "Thigh-land," instead of Vegas, but I'm not going to dog it because of that. I'll be there for opening night, for sure.


What May movies are y'all looking forward to?

No comments: