Friday, July 23, 2010

Monster Ball 2010

I honestly think that the Monster Ball will be one of the best concerts I'll ever see in my life. There's no way anything could ever touch that unless MJ and Elvis come back from the dead and Madonna and BritBrit join him. And really? I'm not going to hold my breath. She performed for TWO HOURS straight with no intermission. The only "breaks" were when she'd disappear (while still singing) to change costumes every other song or so. Not only were her costumes fantastic, but the sets were awesome.

Paws Up!

Many of you may know that Monster Ball was set up as a story, kind of like a musical. Gaga and her dancers were on their way to the Monster Ball where they were free to be themselves and the freaks were outside. Act One was spent trying to get there by car, but the car broke down. In act two, Gaga and her friends/dancers tried to get their by subway, but got lost for act three. Act Four was walking from the woods(?) they were lost in during three. When they arrived at the Monster Ball, which I guess could be called act five, Gaga had to defeat the paparazzi monster. I'm guessing the encore was just supposed to be the actual Monster Ball and giant dance party.

Boys Boys Boys

Here's the set list from last night:
Dance in the Dark
Glitter and Grease (new)
Just Dance
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Vanity (an old song from before she was mega famous)
The Fame
Lovegame
Boys Boys Boys
Money Honey
Telephone
Speechless
You and I (new)
So Happy I Could Die (best costume by far)
Monster
Teeth
Alejandro
Poker Face
Paparazzi
Bad Romance (Encore)

Bad Romance

I've only been to American Airlines 3 times, but that is definitely my favorite concert and is likely to remain so. The Killers are tops at Nokia (now Verizon) in Grand Prairie, but Gaga is tops at AAC (and honestly, probably, all time). If you get the chance and have the money to spend (which it's definitely worth it), I highly suggest seeing Lady Gaga in concert. If it wasn't so expensive my mom and I both said we'd love to go in March. Until then, we have a new album to look forward to this fall sometime!

PS - sorry the pics are blurry! My camera was being really temperamental and I can't tell which are the good ones in iPhoto...

No comments: