Sunday, May 30, 2010

48 Hours (or less)

Oh thank Heaven for delicious camp food! Or for camp in general really. In 48 SHORT hours, I will be getting ready to make the trek from Angel's Attic (from personal experience this is probably the furthest cabin on the hill from) to Harrison Hall for my first camp meal in TWO YEARS. I'm about 95% packed now, thanks to an intense packing session with my mom this morning/early afternoon. All I have left are a few last minute items that I'll still be needing until I leave.

Thanks to Kathleen, my mouth is watering in anticipation of my arrival and first bite of the most amazing camp food anyone has ever known. Literally. We don't just eat hot dogs and hamburgers every night like most camps. Just take a look (she's got some pictures of what they've already eaten, so jealous)!

Since I'll be at camp sans regular internet connection, posts will be very limited: maybe a post or two on my days off (maybe nights off if there's a better place in Kerrville with wifi and is open 24 hours). Without the modern conveniences of regular internet connection, my iPhone, and television, I'll be starting my summer reading list. First I have The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the two following books of the series. Then I'm not sure. I'm thinking that the first two books of the series will keep me busy enough while I'm at camp, but I am looking for other suggestions since I never have to read for school again and would like to read for fun more. And now I'm off to figure out my second to last dinner at home for a month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, yum!! Those look so delicious. I can't wait to see you friend, it's been too long!