Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer 2014 Playlist

Happy first day of Summer - officially! Today is the Summer Soltice, aka the longest day of the entire year! Seriously, it's legit. It would also have been my grandmother's 87th birthday if she were still with us. What an awesome birthday, amiright?

Anyway, to kick off the greatest season of the year (the beginning of any season is always the best though), I thought I'd give you a playlist of the songs I can't get enough of and I will probably continue to be listening to on repeat.


"Fancy" by Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX
Fancy (feat. Charli XCX) by Iggy Azalea on Grooveshark
Some people might be tired of this, but I'm still car dancing and rapping right along with ZERO shame whatsoever. Iggy is my new favorite. She's fantastic. And fancy, obviously.

"Chandelier" by Sia
Chandelier by Sia on Grooveshark
The first time I heard this song I was watching the video because one of the girls from Dance Moms is featured in it. I wasn't too hooked, but then after watching a recreation of the video on Ellen and then Lena Dunham's rendition of the video on Late Night with Seth Meyers, I was hooked. It's a party girl anthem, let's be real. I'm sure there's some other meaning, especially with the video in play, but I'm going to enjoy the shallow, surface level interpretation shamelessly.

"Boom Clap" by Charli XCX
Boom Clap by Charli XCX on Grooveshark
Thank to The Fault in Our Stars previews I think we've all heard a little bit of this song. Again, I wasn't totally sold the first time I heard the whole song, but it's grown on me so much and I can't stop listening!

"A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay
A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay on Grooveshark
Coldplay's new album came out about a month ago and this song was featured in Target's ads for the album. The whole album is absolute greatness. I can't wait to see Coldplay live again. I wish they'd hurry up and announce full tour details!

"Work" by Iggy Azalea
Work by Iggy Azalea on Grooveshark
Ok, seriously, girl is talented. This is based on her life story and it's amazing. It makes you want to get up and dance. Hard. Get REAL sweaty kind of dance.

"Birthday" by Katy Perry
Birthday by Katy Perry on Grooveshark
This is one for you and your bests to show off your sweetest dance moves to out on the dance floor. "If you wanna dance, if you want it all, you know that I'm the girl that you should call." Me, too, Katy. You'll find me out on the dance floor for this one!

"Love Runs Out" by OneRepublic
Love Runs Out by OneRepublic on Grooveshark
I can't get enough. So much fun. I hope someone dances to this on So You Think You Can Dance!

What songs are on your Summer 2014 Playlist?

No comments: