Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans!

It's been a while, but I'm here to link up for Weekend Shenanigans!

Sami's Shenanigans

This is probably the last *really* fun weekend I'll have until November because October in grad school means MASS CHAOS.

My weekends always kick off Thursday evenings around 9:30. After class, my friends Caty and Callie and I headed to Chili's for dessert and drinks. I needed chocolate. We all needed drinks. It was a good time, obviously.

Friday afternoon I met Caty and Callie for lunch at McKinley's, one of my all time favorite lunch spots on Fort Worth. They have the best chicken salad and cookies ever.

After lunch my day went downhill for a number of reasons including the mass amount of traffic I encountered on my way back to my apartment because it was parents' weekend. It took me almost an hour to get home. Ridiculous. Then I took an extra long nap and spent the evening doing homework. The glamorous life, y'all.

Saturday morning, I got up early and prepared for the Battle for the Iron Skillet. I checked the weather channel website at least 6 times in about an hour long time period to make sure it wasn't going to rain. Then I headed over to Lauren's cute little house for breakfast and mimosas before going to the game with Lauren, Callie, and Emily. We had a blast at the game (despite the random, short downpours) and I got to see two of my campers and two other camp girls!


After the Frogs came out victorious over the ponies, I came home and played with Nappy before my bestie from high school, Katie, came over for dinner and a mini girls' night complete with Cracker Barrel and brownies.


Sunday was pretty low key and full of homework. But Saturday was so jam-packed that it was nice to stay in PJs all day and not go anywhere. Nappy enjoyed the lazy day, too!


How was your weekend? Did your football team win?!

No comments: