Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Shennanies

So sue me, this episode of Weekend Shenanigans is from last week. Deal with it. It's a good one.
Sami's Shenanigans


So Thursday morning, I woke up super early so my mom could drive me to the local airport. I flew into DFW and had a four hour layover. Got to see a super cute Soccer team of boys who were flying from my gate on the flight before mine - bummer. My two friends, the Amandas got there and we had a little bit of phone drama just before we left (that concluded once we landed in Raleigh AND had a happy ending).
landing at DFW at 6 am
Once in Raleigh, Stacey picked us up and gave us a mini tour before taking us to the hotel to get changed for dinner at her parents' house! We had a blast and I learned that I'm really good at cornhole. So, hit me up, boys. I'll be your secret weapon because I can act like I don't get what's happening (which I don't really), but I'm really good! I swear!
Rocking at cornhole
Friday morning, I got up and had breakfast at the hotel with the Amandas before heading out with them, Stcey, and Stacey's cousins, mom, and aunt for lunch and mani-pedi time! After that we went back to the hotel and all enjoyed a little cat nap. Stacey's aunt and uncle drove me over to the dinner part of the rehearsal dinner. Dickey's BBQ catered and it was delish. While we ate, Adam's sister (ANOTHER Amanda - can you believe it!?) organized a cute little game for everyone to play about Stacey and Adam. It was so cute and I definitely want to incorporate it into my wedding one day.
me and Amanda after the rehearsal dinner
Saturday morning, I got up and had hotel breakfast with the Amandas (minus Adam's sister) before they went over to get ready for the wedding with Stacey and the other bridesmaids. I went over to help set up the reception with Stacey's dad, aunt, uncle, and cousins. Then I ran all over town with Stacey's aunt and uncle looking for a CVS or Walgreens. In Texas they're on just about every corner - SO easy to find! We had to drive out 30 minutes to find a Walgreens! It was insane. After a late lunch, we all went back to the hotel to relax and get ready for the wedding!!!

Stacey's dad and Adam's brother-in-law performed the ceremony which was so cool. I really enjoyed Stacey's dad's little sermon about how he worked on it for 25 years. I thought it was so sweet and wanted to yell "AWWWWWW!" hahaha. The reception was after, obvi, and we ate, danced, and drank (maybe a little much) late into the night.
Stacey and Adam - I've never seen her look SO happy. #loveit

Brooke, Amanda, Stacey, me, Amanda, and Kaitlyn
After the reception, we all went out around Raleigh. Stacey and Adam weren't going anywhere immediately after the wedding, so they joined us. Raleigh knows how to have a GOOD time, y'all. They get rowdy there. I started calling it Rowdy Raleigh, just to let you know how much fun I was having - hahaha.

We shut down the bars and we all caught cabs back to the hotel. Sunday morning, one of the Amandas and I had the same flight back to DFW so we said goodbye to the other Amanda, had a quick breakfast, and got picked up by Stacey's dad for our ride to the airport. We said our goodbyes (although not for long since I'm now moved back to the DFW!) and I waited for my flight back home (which got delayed for an hour and a half - ugh).

This probably would have been a more exciting post if I had posted it last Monday, but I was busy having my super cute furniture delivered to my awesome apartment! Pictures to come, I promise! I just want to decorate it a little more so it looks homier.

No comments: