Monday, July 9, 2012

Things to Remember...

For me and for you.

I recently heard a friend complaining about being single. Having been single all but 2 months of my life (literally), I turned to her and said "WAHHHH." She then responded with something I've heard a handful of times that infuriates me every time, "Yea, but you don't know what you're missing."

I'm sorry, what? Maybe that's true, but at 24 years old, I've SEEN what I'm missing, I've HEARD what I'm missing, Maybe I haven't FELT what I'm missing, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm missing. Thanks. I feel like you've basically called me stupid. Not only did you make me feel bad about being single, but you've insulted my intelligence.

I'm not here to complain about being single (I mean, it's annoying and I'm tired of it, sure!), I'm here to tell you girls who are in a relationship or have recently become single and have your always single friends, do NOT ever tell those always single friends, "You don't know what you're missing." If they're like me, they will be pissed. They will be angry. And they will be upset.

Here's something I've seen on Pinterest lately that I keep trying to remind myself when I am upset and have people remind me I "don't know what [I'm] missing."



1 comment:

Unknown said...

People can be so cray cray! I nominated you for an award on my blog today if you's like to participate!

http://tresmichelle.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html