Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Liebster! Thanks, Michelle!

My friend, Michelle, has given my the Liebster Award!



What is the Liebster Award?
"The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."- Adrian (Adrian Loves Owls)

The Rules:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
*No tag backs!*

11 Things About Me:
1. I love movies.
2. Mosquitoes love me. I hate them.
3. I have a corgi. He's hilarious.
4. I refuse to read 50 Shades of Grey. I could barely make it through the Twilight Series because Stephenie Meyer's writing is SO awful and I hear 50 Shades has worse writing than that.
5. I minored in English and I am a self-proclamed Grammar Nazi.
6. I am an only child but I have two step-sisters. I get the best of both worlds!
7. I'm beginning to understand why sorority girls order shirts too big: SO comfy. Especially to sleep in.
8. I love a good pedicure.
9. I can't wait for the Olympics!!! Ads galore and hopefully a ton of British accents since they're in London.
10. I'm doing 101 in 1001. You should check it out.
11. I'm doing a Project/Photo 365 (+1) this year on Instagram.

Michelle's Questions for Me:
1. What is your dream job?
Right now I'd love, love, LOVE to have a full-time job, period. And I'd love it to be in social media. But my absolute dream job, if it was possible to stay in Texas and do so, pick music for TV shows, movies, and commercials. Ever since The O.C. had such awesome music, it's been my dream!

2. Which Olympic sport would you like to compete in if you could?
I was OBSESSED with Gymnastics during the '96 Olympics. I'd watch it for hours in my room and pretend to be Dominique Moceanu (that's spelled wrong). In recent years I've come to appreciate swimming and diving, too. Any of those three would be a ton of fun!

3. What does your dream house look like?
Some combination of everything pinned on this board. Big, colorful, fun, and cozy!

4. What food would you not want to live without?
Carbs. And chocolate. Soooo... chocolate cake? Yes.

5. What skill do you wish you had?
I wish I had the skill to NOT scratch bug bites. Is that a skill? It should be.

6. What is your favorite city you've ever been to?
I'd LOVE to go to NYC, Chicago, SLC, Boston, Seattle... I'd guess that Salt Lake City would end up being my favorite, though. I'm dying to visit where the 2002 Olympics were! It looked gorge on TV!

7. If you could go back in time, what decade would you go to?
I would have had the BEST hair in the 80's so I'm gonna say the 80's. I remember growing up, I used to hate 80's music and everything about that decade totally embarrassed me, but now that I've grown up and matured (hah), I'd have to say the 80's look pretty great. Bright colors, classic dance party music, big hair (my hair was meant for this), REAGAN? Sounds like fun to me!

8. Water ski or snow ski?
I've only tried water skiing and I was no bueno at it (but I was only 11-ish). I'm kind of afraid at how bad I'd be at snow skiing, so I'll stick with water skiing - hahaha.

9. If you could get a free pedicure or massage every week for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I've never had a massage, but I do love me some pedicures, so I'll go with pedicures. I got one last week and it was heavenly. My exfoliating leg scrub is my absolute favorite part!

10. Favorite childhood tv show?
TV shows in the 90's are classic. You name it, I probably loved it. Rugrats (before Dil), Recess, Hey Arnold, Pepper Ann (oh, man, that MIGHT be my favorite), As Told By Ginger, The Wild Thornberrys, Doug (on Nickelodeon, the Disney version was not as good), Ahhh! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, etc. 90's cartoons were (and still are) the best.

11. What is your dream car?
I'm not a huge car person, but I did see a really nice BMW yesterday that caught my fancy. I thought, "self, one day when you're rich, you can get one of those." I think half of the reason I liked it was because it was navy and I just love navy cars. I don't really know why...


11 Questions for 11 People...
1. Danny, Uncle Jesse, or Joey?
2. What is your favorite musical?
3. If you could have any exotic animal as a pet, which would it bed?
4. If you could co-host one talk show, which one would you choose?
5. What do you think clouds taste like?
6. If you could be on your favorite (current) TV show, what would it be?
7. Of ALL the concerts that have been performed in the world and time, what concert would you love to turn back the clock and go to?
8. If you could be best friends with one celebrity, who would it be and why?
9. Sweet, spicy, or salty?
10. What is your dream vacation?
11. You're in mortal peril. A super hero is on his/her way to save you. Who do you want it to be?


11 Bloggers!
Julie at Just Julie C
Emily at Not in Texas Anymore
Olivia at Mother May I
Hayley at Classy in KC
Bethany at laugh.dance.create.
Megan at Sky High Heels and Sweat Pants Too
Ashley at Little Miss One Big Mess
Halei at not oriented
Allie at Jill of All Trades
Ashley at sunshine.life.love.
Kathleen at Places I Will Go


Yay Liebster Award! I wouldn't be surprised if any of these girls have gotten tagged before, they're all pretty awesome! Go check them out and follow them!

No comments: