Friday, January 28, 2011

Favorite Friday

It's not so much a favorite Friday as a "I'm currently more-than-slightly obsessed with" Friday: Tori Spelling.

Tori and Dean with their kids Liam and Stella

My mom got me hooked on Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood on Oxygen a few months ago, a TV show following Tori and Dean and their children and friends through random, every-day life. After watching about a season a half of their show and seeing Tori go on book tours, I decided to finally start reading her books! This week I finished sTori Telling, her first book about growing up as daughter of TV mogul Aaron Spelling, starting her life as an actor, her first marriage, and meeting Dean.


Tori is seriously hilarious. I found myself laughing intensely at least once a chapter. She starts with growing up with the parties, the ridiculous Halloween costumes, and the Madame Alexander dolls she received as birthday gifts (every year which led to a doll museum in the Spelling Mansion which is now for sale - and has been). She goes through her life with auditions, living under the Spelling name, and finally falling in love (or falling in love with the idea of falling in love). It's really a great book and a light, easy read. I'm a slow reader and I think it only took me a few days to finish. I'm anxious to finish my current read (Someday My Prince Will Come by Jerramy Fine) so I can get on to her next books: Mommywood and Unchartered TerriTori.

For those of you on Twitter interested in Tori Spelling and her precious family, follow her here. A few months ago, she (or Dean) started a Twitter for their son Liam to tweet some of the funny things he says but it hasn't been updated, but you can find it here.

No comments: