Saturday, April 12, 2014

Keys to Pop Culture This Week

I'm trying to make a weekly pop culture post a regular thing, guys. I posted the first one last Friday and due to my lack of planning and absolutely 110% lazy day yesterday, I failed on that, haha. But I'm here today to resurrect it! Here are some big pop culture happenings from the week!

1. Allegiant, the third and final installment of the Divergent series, will be split into two movies. While I haven't been totally on board with all of the splitting of final books into two movies (read: I don't think Mockingjay needs to be two movies, but whatevs), I think this is actually a great idea. Having just read Allegiant when it came out in October, I agree with this move. There is a lot of action covered in the third book, so a split will be necessary to cover it all in the movie.

2. Johnny Depp was subpoenaed while at the premiere for his new movie Transcendence. Can you say AWKWARD? A woman was killed after another woman hit her on the way to see Depp, allegedly. Depp will have to testify in court and prove that he does not know the woman.
I'll use any reason to look at this picture...
3. After 8 years, Chelsea Handler is calling it quits on her E! talk show, Chelsea Lately. I was REALLY hoping after Letterman announced his retirement from the Late Show next year that Handler would be the first woman in network late night, but I was wrong. For now.

4. As mentioned above, David Letterman will be stepping down from the Late Show. Stephen Colbert will be replacing him... Not in character, but as himself. The real Stephen Colbert.

5. Hello, 90's Nostalgia! The first commercial for Girl Meets World, the sort-of sequel to fan favorite Boy Meets World, debuted this week. I. Can. Not. Wait.



What were your favorite pop culture happenings this week?

No comments: