Monday, October 29, 2012

Life Update

My life is still boring, but exciting things have happened. Not working on grad school apps, which SERIOUSLY needs to happen because the first one is due Dec 1. AHHHH!

Last weekend (and in not the one that just ended, but the one before), I was in Fort Worth for TCU Homecoming. The weather was gorgeous and I had a blast! My stomach hated any and all beer I attempted to drink, so tailgating for the game was a bit impeded, but fun nonetheless! I had a hotdog and enjoyed the new stadium and watched one of the BEST games of my life (even though we lost... wah wah). Seriously, TRIPLE overtime. It was CRAZY.
Welcome to the prettiest stadium in all of college football.

Wednesday, I had lab work done and found out I'm more anemic now than I was six weeks ago even though I've been taking iron three times a week. Who does that? Apparently I do. Then I went a voted! It was so exciting voting for President in person! (I voted absentee four years ago... I think I had a test on election day.)
Don't pay for parking, you're voting! Yay!

Thursday night I got to stalk one of my campers who was in town for a tennis tournament. It was so nice to see her! She's a crazy one. Friday morning I made Tweety cookies for her, a Camp Mystic camper/counselor favorite. I'd LOVE to share the recipe, but it's a secret! But, it sure is delish.
Best. Cookies. Ever.

Friday night we got Halloween-y! I went over to Kendall and Michael's and we carved pumpkins! This was my third solo pumpkin and I have to say it's probably my favorite.
Kitty and a pumpkin... on a pumpkin!

Then Saturday, I watched a very upsetting football game and made some AWESOME Halloween cupcakes! I found a picture on Pinterest and made them and they were SO cute and definitely the hit of the party!
"Vampire Bites"
Then I went to Kendall and Michael's for the big Halloween party! This year I was way late in finding a Halloween costume so I googled "last minute Halloween costumes" and decided to be Rosie the Riveter! So super easy and so super cute!
I'm so cute.


Have you carved pumpkins yet? What did you carve? What are you dressing up as/what did you dress up as this year? Happy Hallo-week!

No comments: