Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Someday My Prince Will Come...


While scouring the biography section for Kendra Wilkinson's Sliding Into Home or one of Tori Spelling's other books, I ran across this book: Someday My Prince Will Come by Jerramy Fine.I had never heard of her before, but I picked up the book and read the back of the book for the synopsis; the title had caught my eye. After finishing Tori's first book, sTori Telling, I started Ms. Fine's book.

Jerramy is a girl. She was born in '77 to hippy parents in Colorado. Her descriptions of her childhood are hilarious. She says she was born with a feeling of superiority. One anecdote describes her mother waking her up one morning for Jerramy to say, "You're not the woman who dresses me." Jerramy was not just a girl who wanted to be a princess all her life like most of us. She was drawn in every way possible to royalty, in particular, Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips (aka Princes William and Harry's cousin). She was bound and determined to meet him and marry him. After the longest and strangest list of events and living in London for about 4 years, she met him! I don't want to give any more away, so I'll stop there on the synopsis.

Maybe I'm just tired of being single and I'm too much of a hopeless romantic, and let me start by quoting Carrie Bradshaw, "But I can't help but wonder," if something in my like Jerramy is pulled to someone specific out there and I have to meet them before I can meet my soulmate for this life (it's in the book, you should really read it). Someone like Darren Criss from Glee or Benjamin Mackenzie from the O.C. and Southland. A girl can dream right?! And then again, maybe I just need job, an apartment, and a puppy to meet this person wherever my future apartment and job are located.

It sounds ridiculous, but Jerramy Fine's book discusses past lives and whatnot and it's really got me thinking... I promise she's nothing like her hippy parents, so if you're worried about that, don't let it keep you from reading the book. If you do, let me know what you think.

No comments: