Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day Off #1

Hello from beautiful Hunt, Texas! I'm on my first day off with three of the other counslors on senior hill. It's so nice to be in contact with the real world again after a week sans real phone service and one time facebooking before the campers came. This blog is going to be kind of random and all over the place, because I'm pretty much just typing as I think.

The campers got to camp Friday and the term has been a blast so far! I'm loving my campers, they're all such sweethearts! The older campers get to go on e a fun night called a cabin campfire and my cabin's (and myy step-sister's cabin's) is coming up on Sunday. I'm really excited to bond with not only my cabin but my step-sister and her cabin (some of my former campers).

Anna is Kendall's best friend at UT Tyler. She's Swedish and awesome. Anyway, she told Kendall, an avid reader and book lover, about the series The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Kendall loved the firrst two books and I'm assuming she's alreaddy finished the third and loved it. I started the first one before camp and I had a hard time getting into it. The prologue and first chapter were boring, but I knew that if I would just get into the book I'd be ok. Well, I'm about two-thirds of the way through and I hate putting it down. I had to go buy the second book, The Girl Who Played with Fire at Hastings in Kerrville before we headed to our day off destination so when I finish the first I can jump right into the second one.

Ok, well, I'm going to end this because my laptop's fan is being ridiculous... AGAIN. I can't wait to get a MacBook Pro next month! I'll try blogging again on a night off soon, if not probably my day off next week!

No comments: