Sunday, April 25, 2010

TCU Freshman Year in Playlist Form

So the time has come to make my playlist of the year... Every year at the end of school/to help me study for finals, I make alist of my favorite songs from the year. I thought it would be a cool little series of posts for the next few days, to list some of the most played songs over my four years at TCU, starting with Freshman Year, of course! (I'd put these in order of actual most played, but I have a different laptop and iPod than I had Freshman/Sophomore years) And Since there are 134 songs on this playlist I'll try to keep the list to 20-25 with legit memories!

"The Freshmen" - The Verve Pipe; Does this need an explanation?
"Angels Fall Sometimes" - Josh Turner; Saw Josh Turner at Billy Bob's!
"No Sleep Tonight" - The Faders; Getting ready for spring formal
"SexyBack" - Justin Timerblake; One of the most listened to songs ever.
"Streetcorner Symphony" - Rob Thomas; Was in an ABC ad and my big put it on a CD for me
"Apathetic Way To Be" - Relient k; Mine and Brigitte's attitudes toward boys near the end of the semester
"Here (In You Arms)" - Hellogoodbye; I think I heard this song in Frogbytes 10 times before I liked it and bought it, RIP Frogbytes
"Wind It Up" - Gwen Stefani; Driving to the Drive-In movie with Stef, Luke, and Jim
"Prophecy" - Remy Zero; wanting to cruise Broadway in Tyler with this song blasting
"I Hate Everyone" - Get Set Go; singing with Stacey loudly in Clark
"Crazy Bitch" - Buckcherry; singing loudly in a car with Stacey
"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" - Spin Doctors; Stef seraching high and low for this CD
"You're So Vain" - Carly Simon; Vain pictures with Brigitte
"Contagious" - Avril Lavigne; listening to this album during "story times" with Brigitte, eating Cheez-Its and drinking Capri-Sun
"The BK Lounge" - Dane Cook; ok it's not a song, but it's definitely worthy of this list since we called Bryan and Clayton's room the BK Lounge
"Glamorous" - Fergie; spelling glamorous in sign language with EVERYONE
"Pop! Goes My Heart" - Hugh Grant; seeing Music and Lyrics and being obsessed all spring semester
"Oh! Gravity" - Switchfoot; seeing Switchfoot at Baylor during Best Weekend EVER
"Candyman" - Christina Aguilera; Caleb's fascination with this song... and his little performances
"Poppin' My Collar" - Three 6 Mafia; Maggie and Hannah rapping this on my fllor in Sherley during the first two weeks of school
"Lovefool" - The Cardigans; Josh's ringback tone
"Scar Tissue" - Red Hot Chili Peppers; this being one of two CDs every in Kyle's truck
"Signal Fire" - Snow Patrol; Spiderman 3 Mania
"Hands Down" - Dashboard Confessional; how I feel about Freshman year

I kept it under 25 songs! Aren't you proud?

Date Dash 2007 with some of my favorites

No comments: