Friday, October 24, 2014

Five Things Friday

It's been three weeks since my last post, which is a significant improvement on time between posts for me! Yay!

Can you believe October is already almost over?! Blows my mind. Anyway, it's Friday and here are 5 things I'm totally pumped about!

1. Nina Pham, a fellow TCU 2010 alum, is on her way home and is Ebola-free! I don't know her personally, but we have a ton of friends in common and were in the same graduation ceremony, back in the day. Plus her dog is TOTES ADORBS!!! Congrats to Nina! I hope the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing and you and Bentley reunite soon.

2. Speaking of TCU, my Frog football team is off to a 5-1 start and in Big 12 title contention in just our third year in the league. My mom is coming in tomorrow for the game against Texas Tech and next weekend we go to Morgantown to face off against West Virginia, which I think will be our toughest game remaining on the schedule. Go frogs! Keep up the great work.

3. Spirit Jerseys. If you haven't gotten one yet, do yourself a favor. I know they're almost $50, but they're the MOST comfortable shirts ever. Yoga pants and Spirit Jerseys are my go-to fall weekend outfit. Don't hate.

4. Steel City Pops. I went Wednesday for the first time and wow. They have locations in Fort Worth and Dallas (and other places?) so if you're in DFW, go soon! I got the Chocolate and was NOT disappointed. My boss made fun of me for my "boring" choice because they have such interesting flavors (Maple Bacon something yummy?), but the shop girl was like "no, it's REALLY good."

5. Kansas City Royals. In the World Series for the first time in my life. The last time they made it was when they won in 1984(5?). A girl got a corgi a few weeks ago because they won in the post season on their way to the Fall Classic. One of their pitchers played for TCU in the College World Series this year (first played to be in CWS and Fall Classic in same year). AND I've got family in KC. So, I've jumped on the Royals bandwagon. I feel like those are pretty legit reasons.

What are you pumped about this week?

No comments: