Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Growing Up?

Yes, the question mark is definitely necessary. I've been at camp for a week now (almost to the hour, guys, crazy) and I have already had 4 PB&J sandwiches. And that was within the first 5 days I was here. So what's a girl to do when she's picky and can't burn out on her back up meal when she doesn't like shrimp or enchiladas? I tried a new food.

Let me type that again. I tried a new food. I know those of you who know me and my eating habits probably feel the need to get your eyes checked right about now, but just wait till you read WHAT I tried.

Salad.

Not only have I tried it once, but I've tried it twice. Now, I'm not totally off it - don't worry. But when I know I don't like ranch and I don't want to spend money on dressing at the local Wal-Mart in fear of wasting the money because I will find out I don't like it... Where was I going with that? Oh yea, I didn't have dressing on it either time. The first time I had a bite of salad was last Saturday night, I think. It may have been Friday night (the days all start to run together at camp). I took a small bite. It was leafy and I didn't like it.

But yesterday for lunch, we had Chef Salad, a camp favorite including some delicious ham and somewhat dry turkey. So I got a spoonful of ham on my plate and took a bite of salad with some of the ham. Nope still not entirely convinced salad is good. But I'm totes willing to try Olive Garden's salad someday when I can get to one (there's not one in town) because I hear their dressing is pretty good. I guess we'll just have to see, right?

No comments: