Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm Giving Up Coke Because Jesus Loves Me

We're now one week into the Lenten Season, aka the 40 days and nights before Easter. I decided to give up Coke. Or possibly dark sodas in general, I still haven't decided (but at the moment it is all dark sodas).

Just looking for this picture was exhausting and frustrating.

This lack of caffeine in my life is reminding me of a time before I knew of my medical problems - also known as he time when I took WAY too many naps to be healthy. Now I've given up Coke for Lent before. However, I was in school and had neighbors, homework, and going to class to distract me from wanting to curl up in bed anywhere from 2:30 to 5 pm. Now I'm unemployed (yes, I have freelance projects to work on but I did some of that today already) and don't have a puppy to take care of like I thought I would to distract me from realizing I need some caffeine to perk me up. It also is not helpful that the weekend after Lent started I went to a wedding, went to a party, lost an hour of sleep thanks to day-lights savings time, and saw Lady Gaga Monday night (which obviously all adds up to less sleep).

I don't mean to sound all complain-y, but wow. Giving up coke three years ago was not this hard. However, Lent is about Sacrifice, so I will push forward. Seven and a half days down, 32 and a half left? I can do this!

What did you give up for Lent?

No comments: